Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupcakes from the Food Network Site

Well, my son's lacrosse team is having a bake sale at the end of the week. I thought I would try to make some cupcakes, since they seem to be the current hot item! I got several recipes off the Food Network site and tried

Classic Cupcakes with Lemon Meringue Frosting

 

I tried to be fancy and steeped basil in the milk then strained it out to give it a basil essence. I love basil and lemon flavors together. When the cupcakes came out I made the lemon meringue frosting and put it on the cupcakes. They looked great, but when we tasted them, the cupcakes had a good flavor with the basil, but they were very dense. The meringue frosting was too light to go with this heavy cake. It actually reminded me of a corn muffin texture.

I don't think I would make them again and would not recommend them to anyone! Sorry, I have to be honest with you so you don't waste your time!





No comments:

Post a Comment