Sunday, July 25, 2010
My Tribute to Aunt Elva's Macaroni and Cheese!
10 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
14 oz. of really good sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 oz. of melted butter
3 cups of whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
3. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 6 minutes and drain.
4. Mix cooked pasta, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese together.
5. Put macaroni mixture in the casserole dish.
6. Pour melted butter over the top of the macaroni.
7. Slowly pour the milk in one corner of the casserole.
8. Bake for 55- 60 minutes.