Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Tribute to Aunt Elva's Macaroni and Cheese!

As I mentioned before, I loved my Aunt Elva's Macaroni and Cheese. This is my interpretation of her recipe. This is so simple, but it is soooo good! It is one of the most requested recipes I make. At one party, a member of the band that was playing, asked who made the Macaroni and Cheese. He said it was the best he ever had!!! I was so thrilled! I hope you try it and I really hope you like it!!!

Ingredients:

10 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
14 oz. of really good sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 oz. of melted butter
3 cups of whole milk

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Butter a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
3.  Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 6 minutes and drain.
4.  Mix cooked pasta, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese together.
5.  Put macaroni mixture in the casserole dish.
6.  Pour melted butter over the top of the macaroni.
7.  Slowly pour the milk in one corner of the casserole.
8.  Bake for 55- 60 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment